The leisure pool includes 6-25metre swim lanes, lazy river, tots pool area, zero beach and ramp entry, 212 f00t waterslide and 14 person whirlpool.
Shindleman 2016 – 2017 Schedule – PDF
Shindleman Aquatic Centre Brochure – PDF
Current Swimming Lessons – PDF
The Shindleman Aquatic Centre must close this fall due to structural safety concerns. A recent building assessment has revealed structural components of the roof in the pool area are deteriorating and must be replaced. While the structure is currently safe, its integrity cannot be assured under a snow load.
Since the safety of our patrons is our highest priority, the pool will close during the upcoming snow season. We will close on October 31, 2016, although an early snow may advance that date. Read our News Release. Read Questions and Answers.
We understand this will be disappointing and inconvenient to pool users, and we hope to soon announce alternative aquatic programming at other venues.
Thank-you for your understanding while we work to improve this important community facility.
If you have questions in the meantime, contact us.
No expended swims available at this time.
* Regular Public Swim Rates still apply during Extended Swim Times.
No free public swims available at this time.
* Regular Public Swim Rates do not apply during Free Public Swim Times.
* Capacity will be strictly monitored.
* All children under 12 years must be accompanied by an adult.
Adult (18 to 59 years) $7.00
Infant (0 to 2 Years) $2.50
Youth (3 to 17 Years) $5.00
Senior (60 years +) $5.00
* 2017 Prices
* per use admission cost
* Note: Family is up to five members, maximum of 2 adults
* Children 10 years & under must be accompanied by an adult.
* All children 8 years and under must remain within arms reach of a parent or guardian at all times.
Local School / Youth Casual $120.00 /per hour
Visitor School / Youth $180.00 /per hour
Local Casual Users $145.00 /per hour
Visitor $190.00 /per hour
* 2017 Pricing
* per use rental cost
* As per the Manitoba Health Act additional lifeguards may be required at an added fee per hour of $30.00 depending on number of patrons
* Renters will be notified of fees at time of booking
* To book call 204-857-7772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to pool closure Pool Party packages are no longer available.
* Pool parties are only available at the Shindleman Aquatic Centre
* To book call 204-857-7772 or email email@example.com
To book the Shindleman Aquatic Centre or a pool party contact our Recreation Department at 204-857-7772 ex 2225
• PRRA Membership cards are non-transferable and cannot be used by someone other than yourself.
• Children under 11 years of age must be accompanied by someone 12 years of age (12 to 17 may accompany a max. of 2 children; adults may accompany a max. of 4 children)
• Children 8 years and younger must remain “WITHIN ARMS REACH” of guardian.
• Children 9 and 10 years of age must be ACTIVELY SUPERVISED by a guardian.
• Please shower before entering the pool to remove oils, creams and make up.
• Proper swimming attire is required.
• WALK on deck at all times.
• Diving is not allowed.
• Please stay off of the rocks and fences.
• If you hear a whistle, please look at the lifeguard, they have something important to tell you.
• Food or beverages (other than water) are not allowed in the pool area.
• No person shall engage in play hazardous to him/herself or others around the pool or facility.
• No person infected with a communicable disease or having open sores on his or her body shall enter the water.
• Aqua diapers are required for children ages 3 and under and are available at the front desk at no charge.
• The PRRA is not responsible for any lost or stolen articles. Lockers in all change rooms are free to use for the day but you must supply your own lock. Locks can also be purchased at the PCU Centre reception.
• Decision of the Lifeguard is final.
• Flotation devices (toys with reasonable dimensions and depending on current pool capacity) and life jackets are permitted. Tubes are available for public use and lifejackets can be rented at reception.
• No Re-Entry policy is in place for the Aquatic Centre, see reception for details.
Water Slide Rules:
• One person on slide at a time.
• Slide feet first, facing forwards only.
• No running start, spinning or equipment permitted on the slide.
• Before sliding, ensure that the person before you as completely cleared the slide.
• Exit slide basin immediately after sliding.
• Keep your hands inside the slide at all times.
Hot Tub Rules:
• Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
• No person shall remain in the hot tub longer than 10 minutes.
• Long hair must be restrained or tied up to minimize risk of being caught in equipment.
• Keep head above water at all times.
• It is recommended that pregnant women and persons suffering from heart disease, diabetes, or high or low blood pressure seek medical advice before entering the hot tub.
Lifeguards will operate under a three-strike system for those not abiding to the pool rules:
1. First offence will warrant a verbal warning.
2. Second offence will warrant a ten-minute timeout.
3. Third offence will warrant removal from the facility for the remainder of the swim.
The decision of the lifeguard is Final
In an effort to maintain the cleanliness of the facility, the PRRA asks that ALL patrons remove their outside footwear prior to entering the change rooms. Additionally, we ask that personal belongings be placed in the lockers. Lockers are free to use for the day but you must supply your own lock. Locks can be purchased at the Stride Centre reception.